Australian Railway Models 87005 C38 Class 4-6-2 'Pacific' Express Passenger Steam Locomotive 3830 Spirit of Progress - 1:87
- Product Code:
- Australian Railway Models
2nd Quarter 2023 PRE ORDERS can be done via email to email@example.com or by telephone.
3830 was built by Eveleigh Locomotive Workshop in 1949, and was the last of the C38
Locomotive to be produced, it was also the last passenger locomotive to be designed and built by the New South Wales Government Railways.
Following the completion of the Standard gauge line between Melbourne and Albury, the spirit of Progress could now run from Melbourne to Sydney. In April 1962, locomotives 3830 and 3813 became part of the Spirit of Progress, with steam Engines used to celebrate the final run of Broad gauge and the inaugural run of the Standard gauge service, with 3830 and 3813 travelling from Albury to Sydney.
3830 was withdrawn from service in October 1967, and is only 4 C38 locomotives that were not scrapped.
- Detailed cabin interior including floating foot plate
- Separately applied detailed body parts
- Accurately reproduced motion mechanisms
- Realistic mechanical mechanisms
- Authentic knuckle Style coupler
- Dual position drawbar for close tender coupling
- H0 Gauge
- DCC Ready